Sunday, June 7, 2009

With a Willing Heart

We recently adopted a Family Motto, so to speak...
"Right Away, All the Way, With a Willing Heart!"

With our children, they are praised for following directions "Right Away, All the Way, With a Willing Heart!" Of course, no one can be forced into a Willing Heart. Yet, we seek to affirm this attitude, and thus grow it in our children.

I have been thinking a lot about the state of my heart. How willing am I? Am I willing to answer my child's question for the 27th time? Am I willing to bite my tongue when I am frustrated? Am I willing to thank the Lord for my precious children, when they are whining in the middle of the night, again?

Most importantly, am I willing to be the kind of person God wants me to be? If I am.... if I truly seek the right attitude, how willing am I to follow His directions? Do I obey God "Right Away, All the Way, With a Willing Heart??"

I hope to share parts of this journey of my heart. I am new to this blogging thing and have no idea how often I will share. (Or if anyone will want to read it!) In any case... here I go... with a Willing Heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment